Flowflex® from ACON Biotech is a rapid antigen test for the qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 in the nose.
New generation of tests : No nasopharyngeal swab (nose and throat swab) required! A penetration depth of 2.5 cm is sufficient
- NEW: Registered in the EU Commonlist for EU-wide recognition!
- According to the BASG list, Flowflex® is also suitable for personal use!
- In the list of the Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices
- WHO listing – for diagnostic SARS-COV-2 tests
- Test result within 15 minutes
- Storage temperature of 2 – 30 ° C
- No deep nasopharyngeal smear required, sampling from the anterior nasal cavity is sufficient (approx. 2.5 cm)
- Shelf life 24 months, please also note the imprint on the test cassette
Higher reliability than other test kits available on the market:
Sensitivity of 98.72%
Specificity of 97.32%
Accuracy: 98.8% (97.6% – 99.5%) *
95% confidence intervals
How does this quick test work?
Antigen tests do not detect the virus genes, but react to parts of the viral envelope proteins, such as the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2. This is possible because the matrix of these rapid tests contains special antibodies that bind to these virus proteins. If it comes to attachment, attached marker molecules change color or generate fluorescent light.
The coronavirus has several specific proteins on its surface. One of them is the nucleocapsid protein, which this test can detect using a chromatographic method (lateral flow). It then shows a positive result if a threshold value of 1.6 * 10² TCID 50 / ml is exceeded.